- Panda Security’s contest gathers funniest, most bizarre moments experienced by IT technicians
On September 10, Panda Security, The Cloud Security Company, announced the launch of PandaIT S.O.S., an international contest giving IT professionals the opportunity to share their hilarious or utterly bizarre moments experienced when dealing with user problems. The contest ended on October 31 and the winner was André Geada, from Portugal, whose story received 494 votes from registered users. The award, a new iPad, has already been delivered to the winner.
The most voted-for story was the following one:
– “(Help by phone) Client: – Oh, I’m seeing the mouse pointer move on its own.
– Me: -Yes, Sir. It’s me. I’ve already got remote access to your computer. I will solve your problem right away. Client: Oh, that’s nice. Do you want me to turn on the lights? Maybe you’ll see better.
– Me: Oh, oh.”
Here is a selection of the funniest stories shared by participants:
- An old relative phoned me because he was having problems with a program that he had on a CD. I just told him: “Okey, first send the file to the bin”. Next thing I heard was the CD being thrown to the bin in the room he was.
- It was December 28, and my mother had a problem with the PC because she didn’t know how to access the Internet, and I told her: “You need to open the window and that’s it.” And she spent the Christmas holidays with a big cold.
- My PC will not boot: “Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.”
- A user was having trouble printing documents. He told me that the computer had said it “Can’t find printer. I’ve tried turning the computer screen to face the printer, but the computer can’t see the printer.”
- I asked my friend: “Abir, what anti-virus program do you use?” Abir: “Netscape. Oh, sorry…Internet Explorer.”
- Me: “Sir, I’ll make a remote access on your machine.” Customer: “I don’t know what that means but OK… JESUS CHRIST! MY COMPUTER IS OWNED BY THE DEMON!!! I will cast out the demon and I’ll call you later… Me: “Sir?”
- A user called us because he had an issue with his modem and he couldn’t connect to the Internet properly. We asked him: “OK, we are going to try to help you fix it. Please, can you tell us how many lights are on right now?” And he said: “I have three lights on: the kitchen, the living room and the bathroom.”
- A user called to reset their password. “Well, it is already done. Your new password is 12345678” – “Ok, capital letters???”
- “I inserted the first disk and everything was OK, the second, also OK, the third one I had to push, but the fourth… Nothing to do…”
- “Of course I know the password of my boss, it is five asterisks.”
- A client was having trouble with his fax and called me. When asked to try and send a test page to me, he faxed his company price list. I solved his problem and we ended the call. A few minutes later he called back and said: “I am not sure I should have sent that list, can you fax it back to me?”
- “Please go to My PC.” “Do I have to go there? Take into account that I am in another building.”
- “Daddy, what does FORMATTING DRIVE C: 99% completed mean?”
- “I have a problem when writing my password. I tried to enter my password and the only thing I see are asterisks.”
All these stories are available at: www.pandasos.com
IT professionals are often faced with a wide range of issues that range from very simple to highly complex. To help resolve and even prevent these problems, Panda Security offers the new Panda Cloud Systems Management, a remote management and monitoring solution designed to manage, monitor and support all types of IT devices.
Panda Cloud Systems Management lets administrators manage all their IT resources simply and remotely, reducing costs and anticipating problems before they occur.
You might also like