Panda Security is an international provider focused on cloud-based security solutions and on-premise solutions, with products available in more than 23 languages and millions of users located in 195 countries around the world. Panda Security was the first IT security company to harness the power of cloud computing with its Collective Intelligence technology. This innovative security model can automatically analyze and classify thousands of new malware samples every day, guaranteeing corporate customers and home users the most effective protection against Internet threats with minimum impact on system performance. Panda Security has 80 offices throughout the globe with US headquarters in Florida and European headquarters in Spain. For more information, visit here
Founded by Mikel Urizarbarrena in 1990 in Bilbao, Spain, the company operated under the name Panda Software for the first 17 years. Under this brand, it became market leader in Spain in 1995 and started its international expansion in 1996. It currently has a direct sales presence in 80 countries through an extensive network of subsidiaries and franchises. The year 2007 was a turning point, marking the beginning of a new era for the company in which it set out to consolidate its international expansion. Firstly, it underwent a brand change, and is now called Panda Security, a name that better reflects its commitment to providing global security and control.
Panda Security’s unique technology approach combine Big Data analytics and Collective Intelligence in the cloud, with systems management and hardening at the endpoint.
According to Gartner’s latest report, Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms (January 2014), Panda Security has moved up from the Niche Players quadrant to the Visionaries quadrant. Gartner describes Panda Security as “The first Endpoint Protection Platform vendor to fully embrace cloud delivery of security services”.
Panda Security is one of the only two Spanish companies to appear in Truffle’s Top 100 best European software vendor companies in 2013.
Panda Security is ranked as one of the top ten global leaders in the IT security sector, according to the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation’s report “Spanish Companies Worldwide” (2013).
Products and solutions
Panda Security´s portfolio of solutions include SaaS (Software as a Service) based protection of endpoints, email and web traffic, cloud-based systems management, as well as an integrated on-premises endpoint protection platform.
Moreover, our consumer range for home user include everything needed to enjoy the Internet with peace of mind: antivirus, firewall, anti-spam, identity protect, parental control,password manager, etc.
All its solutions are backed by tech support services manned by an expert team of professionals, available at all times.
Recent milestones in technology and innovation
For more than 20 years, Panda Security has achieved major technological milestones in the global security industry. Today Panda is a solid, internationally acclaimed company with a direct presence in 80 countries. It protects over 10 million users in 195 countries. Our Mission is to develop innovative security solutions to protect users’ computer systems against all types of security threats. In 2009, notable international opinion leaders acknowledged Panda Security as The Cloud Security Company.
- 2013: Panda Security is the first vendor to propose a new technological approach based on three strategic elements: Cloud Computing, Big Data and Behavioral Analysis. It is this concept on which we have based PAPS (Panda Advanced Protection Service), a managed service for monitoring applications, and which represents a brand new approach as opposed to the traditional system of detecting malware based on whitelists and blacklists.
- 2012: Panda Security becomes the first Anti-Malware Security Company to launch Cloud Management and Remote Monitoring Systems solutions.
- 2011: Panda Security launches the first console that enables the partners to manage the entire life cycle of their customers and their security, Panda Cloud Partner Center.
- 2010: Panda Security becomes the first Security Company with a complete Cloud-based offering to provide real-time protection against new and emerging threats with Panda Cloud Protection.
- 2009: Panda Security launches the first antivirus in history to offer protection from the cloud, Panda Cloud Antivirus (www.cloudantivirus.com). This home user solution positions the company as the technological leader in this new category.
- 2008: Launch of a retail product line offering a hybrid protection system: Combining traditional signature-based protection with protection from the cloud, leveraging the Collective Intelligence knowledge base.
- 2007: Development and market launch of the first Collective Intelligence system: cloud-based technologies able to automatically classify, analyze and disinfect thousands of new malware strains received every day at PandaLabs. This allows the company to respond in real-time to new threats, while other security providers take several days.
- 2005: Launch of the new SaaS (Security-as-a-Service) solution, Panda WebAdmin.
- 2004: Launch of the first Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) for all types of computers, workstations or home computers, with TruPrevent Technologies and its autonomous behavioral analysis module.
About Panda Security
Founded in 1990, Panda Security is the world’s leading provider of cloud-based security solutions, with products available in more than 23 languages and millions of users located in 195 countries around the World. Panda Security was the first IT security company to harness the power of cloud computing with its Collective Intelligence technology. This innovative security model can automatically analyze and classify thousands of new malware samples every day, guaranteeing corporate customers and home users the most effective protection against Internet threats with minimum impact on system performance. Panda Security has 80 offices throughout the globe with US headquarters in Florida and European headquarters in Spain.